Friday, August 17, 2012

What is a Vision Board?

What is a Vision Board?


 August is goal setting month for me and this year I decided to create my very first vision board with my goals rather than just writing everything down in a word document. I am a very visual person, so this was the perfect idea for me. I gathered photos through google images over the course of a week based on goals I wanted to achieve over the next 12 months. I printed all of the photos and cut them using an exacto knife. I knew I wanted to hang my vision board once complete, so I bought a picture frame and used the piece of paper that came with the frame to paste the photos to. It is now hanging in my apartment so I am constantly reminded to take action to achieve my goals!

 A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.

Making use of vision boards serves several purposes, some of which include helping you to:
  • Identify your vision and give it clarity.
  • Reinforce your daily affirmations.
  • Keep your attention on your intentions.
 Once you dream it, the next step is to believe it. In addition to images, vision boards can include words, phrases or sentences that affirm your intentions. Affirmations express who you really are, release you from  limiting beliefs, and allow you to know that the possibilities really are unlimited.

 Your vision board is a constant reminder of where you intend to be. Appealing to you on both conscious and subconscious levels, a vision board can work wonders toward keeping your mind focused on your goal, your attention on your intentions, and your life headed in the direction you choose.

Feel free to share photos of your vision boards with us!!


References:
http://www.makeavisionboard.com/what-is-a-vision-board.html

No comments:

Post a Comment