Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What Are You Grateful For?


What Are You Grateful For?



"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
If you concentrate on what you don't have,
you will never, ever have enough."
 
Oprah Winfrey


A couple months ago I read a blog on things you are grateful for in which the writer advised the readers to go through an exercise where they listed the things they were grateful for. I haven't forgotten this blog post. I literally go through this exercise almost on a daily basis in my head. I have a lot to be grateful for in my life and I like to constantly remind myself that the little struggles really don't matter.

The exercise is:


Whenever you feel down or worry too much, sit down in a quiet place, take a pen and piece of paper and start writing. Write for at least 15 minutes all the things that you are thankful for. Write down whatever comes to your mind. Be very specific with all the details. Do not think the list is too long!

Do not pay attention to the grammar or style. Just express your thankfulness. When you finish writing, read over the things you just wrote. Read aloud!

Whenever you are writing something on paper about yourself, you are sending messages to your subconscious. Your subconscious will accept whatever you are saying to yourself, without checking or arguing with you!

By giving uplifting, positive thoughts to your subconscious, you will produce  "positive energy." With positive energy in your mind you will be able to think differently. By changing your attitude, you will find many other ways to solve your problems and overcome obstacles. Your mind will become clear and be ready to give you new ideas on what to do. You will gain new motivation and meaning.


Gratitude is a mind state that leads to happiness and contentment. So, it’s good to walk through life with a grateful heart. We can get caught up in negative emotions, like resentment or anger. But such emotions are destructive and painful for you as well as for others.

Here is a list of things I am grateful for in my life (Top 5)?:

1. Family- They have given me everything I have ever needed and they continue to support me with anything I choose to do. 

2. Friends- They have provided me so much happiness and inspiration.

3. Health- To be pain free, healthy, and strong is a blessing.

4. Educators- The ability to be back in school for something I am truly passionate about is a an incredible experience. I cannot thank my teachers (from both work & school) for providing the proper guidance and pushing me that extra inch.

5. The ability to grow- It's not always easy to face your faults. It takes a lot of courage to recognize who you really are. This is a beautiful process. =)


Feel free to share the things you are grateful for in the comments section!

Stay Fit. Stay Classy. Stay True.

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment